ADMISSION PROCESS (B.TECH.)
1. Admission in the B.Tech. programme is made before the beginning of the odd semester of each session. In addition, other modes of admission may be applicable for foreign nationals and Indian nationals residing abroad, as per the norms approved by the Academic Council, in accordance with the policy laid down by the Government of India from time to time.
2. The Academic Council has the power to amend or repeal the eligibility criteria, as per the guidelines of AICTE/UGC issued from time to time.
3. All students are required to pay the fee as prescribed by the University at the time of joining and also in subsequent semesters till they are on its roll.
4. The institute reserves the right to cancel the admission of any student, and ask him/her to discontinue his/her studies at any stage of his/her career on grounds of unsatisfactory academic performance, irregular attendance in classes or indiscipline. The admission of a student at any stage of study shall also be cancelled if :
a. He/She is not found qualified as per AICTE norms and guidelines or the eligibility criteria prescribed by NIFTEM.
b. He/She is found unable to complete the programme within the time period as stipulated by the Academic Council.
c. He/She is found involved in acts of indiscipline or abetting indiscipline in NIFTEM campus.
Educational Qualification to B.Tech. Programme
1. Candidates who have passed their class 12th exam or any other qualifying examination in 2013 or 2014, or those who are appearing in class 12th exam in 2015 are eligible.
2. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying examinations in 2012 and did not pass in 2012, but passed in 2013 are not eligible for admission.
3. Subject combinations in the qualifying examination shall be as under: Physics, Mathematics and one of the subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science and Bio-technology.
4. Candidates must secure atleast 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects.
5. Besides a candidate must have appeared in JEE (Main) – 2015.
Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01,1990 are eligible.However, in the case of Scheduled Caste(SC),Scheduled Tribe(ST) and Physically Challanged(PC) candidates,upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
The merit list will be prepared purely based on All India Rank of JEE (Main) – 2015 of the eligible applicants. Counselling for admission will be done by NIFTEM admission cell at NIFTEM campus, Kundli, Sonepat, Haryana only.